Why use a Doula?
Benefits of Doula Care
A doula “mothers the mother” and in doing so, provides a level of personal care to enhance the experience of childbirth for the whole family.
Doula care has been proven to decrease:
- Length of labor
- Use of epidurals and other pain medications
- Use of medical interventions such as augmentation of labor (use of Pitocin)
- Cesarean section rates
A doula’s presence
- helps fathers or partners participate at their own comfort level
- assists busy hospital staff
- saves money (fewer medical interventions, shorter hospital stays)
- increases breastfeeding rates and success
- supports overall family bonding
- greatly increases a mother’s overall satisfaction with her birthing experience
Copyright 2008-2014, San Diego, CA